I am a friend chicken SAVAGE.
I can tell you what hotel chain has the best (OMNI!), what you should dip them in (RANCH, DUH!), and now, I can tell you how I like to cook them when I am at home! They are definitely an indulgence for me…perhaps a late-night snack, or cheat meal, or something that I crave during that “certain time of the month” (you hear me gals?)!
But I saw this recipe on Pinterest a couple years ago and tried my hand at it….& secretly hoped that it was legit because I knew it would satisfy my chicken tender addiction…but more importantly, it was BAKED…so I could save some calories! Have you tried this recipe?! If not, what are some baked variations you have when it comes to making indulgent chicken tenders? Share in the comments below!
1. Pound of chicken tenders
2. 4 cups of french fried onions
3. 4 tablespoons of flour
4. 3 eggs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2.In a large baggie, mix together 2 tablespoons of flour with 2 cups of french fried onions. Close the baggie and give it a good beating…making sure that the big chunks of onions are pounded out and that the flour is mixed together well.
3. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
4. Coat one tender with egg then place into “onion baggie.” Toss the baggie around, ensuring that the tender is appropriately coated with the batter & place onto baking sheet.
5. The 2/2 mixture should get you about halfway through your tenders. Refill your baggie with the remaining flour & french fried onions, then finish the rest of your tenders.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Garnish with fresh lemon, dip into some ranch dressing, & ENJOY!